-
Junior Member
Switching to GDM from KDM
Hi - sorry, this is a bit Off Topic. I've asked elsewhere, but not had any luck - hopefully someone might have an explanation.
Knoppix defaults to using the KDM display manager, but I'd much rather use GDM, but keep using KDE.
I've got GDM installed, and have edited /etc/X11/default-display-manager to use /usr/bin/gdm instead of /usr/bin/kdm.
I then do /etc/init.d/kdm stop followed by /etc/init.d/gdm start. GDM starts fine, I pick the KDE session, and log in.
Here's where things go wrong. All my settings are fine, but the fonts appear bigger than they do when starting from KDM. On top of this, the fonts in some apps (maybe Qt-based apps?) are corrupt.
The KDE GDM session (/etc/gdm/Sessions/KDE) is a symlink to /etc/kde3/debian/KDE-gdm-session. I've tried other GDM sessions, but they suffer from the same problem.
Anyone have any idea what I need to do to make GDM start up KDE the same way as KDM does? I'm currently wading through script-soup, and getting not very far...
TIA.
Similar Threads
-
By mxpeed in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-12-2004, 09:17 AM
-
By JockVSJock in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 01:53 PM
-
By satoshi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-31-2003, 12:58 AM
-
By iamanewbie in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-24-2003, 03:26 AM
-
By Kyaecker in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-21-2003, 04:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95