-
black screen with only the word "GRUB" on Dell Ins
I used the live disk that I got with the Knoppix Hacks book, finally I was able to partition my hard drive and install knoppix. When booting up my PC I get the normal Dell screen (A32 BIOS) and then I get a black blank screen with only the word "GRUB." I did have this same problem with Windows before I decided to give up on it and go with a Linux OS. Now I do have a successful Knoppix OS that I run off of my USB thumb drive and it runs with no issues on my Dell Inspiron 1100.
My ultimate goal is to run Knoppix from my hard drive. Any help would be awesome.
My uncle does dabble in Linux and he believes it has to do with my boot.conf file. I dont know if this helps.
THANKS!
Reese
Similar Threads
-
By Mike Colley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 01-31-2007, 12:57 PM
-
By dvryknopper in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-09-2006, 07:40 PM
-
By bplmusic in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-28-2006, 04:23 PM
-
By minghai in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-07-2005, 10:03 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-18-2004, 11:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98