Since this is my first post let me make it clear that I am basically a point-and-click windows user and an absolute Linux newbie. I have managed a dual boot setup with Windows XP and Knoppix 5.0.1 [HD install]. I know that there are other Linux distro's more suited to hard drive installations [Ubuntu, Kanotix] but I feel quite comfortable with Knoppix, even if it is basically designed as a Live CD/DVD.
I installed Klik and downloaded Opera 9. Opera worked fine and I was able to save bookmarks on the first run. An entry was automatically created under Applications (installed by klik) on the Start menu.
However on rebooting the system I got the 'Unable to mount /tmp/app' error, followed by '/home/knoppix/zAppRun: line 132: /tmp/app/wrapper: no such file or directory' when I tried to launch Opera.
All the neccessary entries exist in fstab:
[/tmp/app/1/image /tmp/app/1 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0] till [/tmp/app/7image.....]
No real solution was available in the forum, so by hit-and-trial I discovered that if I log in as root and delete all the folders [1-7] in the /tmp/app directory, Opera works fine till I reboot again. All my saved bookmarks are also there.
Seems to be a permissions issue. Any help to avoid these '/tmp/app' errors would be appreciated.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99
2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17
$3.35
Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC
$370.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
SK Hynix 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH
$649.95
Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99
SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM
$499.99
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$184.95
2in1 Micro SD/TF Dual Slot Memory Card Reader for iPhone iPad Camera Adapter
$3.07