-
/tmp/app error -delete all folders under /tmp/app?
Since this is my first post let me make it clear that I am basically a point-and-click windows user and an absolute Linux newbie. I have managed a dual boot setup with Windows XP and Knoppix 5.0.1 [HD install]. I know that there are other Linux distro's more suited to hard drive installations [Ubuntu, Kanotix] but I feel quite comfortable with Knoppix, even if it is basically designed as a Live CD/DVD.
I installed Klik and downloaded Opera 9. Opera worked fine and I was able to save bookmarks on the first run. An entry was automatically created under Applications (installed by klik) on the Start menu.
However on rebooting the system I got the 'Unable to mount /tmp/app' error, followed by '/home/knoppix/zAppRun: line 132: /tmp/app/wrapper: no such file or directory' when I tried to launch Opera.
All the neccessary entries exist in fstab:
[/tmp/app/1/image /tmp/app/1 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0] till [/tmp/app/7image.....]
No real solution was available in the forum, so by hit-and-trial I discovered that if I log in as root and delete all the folders [1-7] in the /tmp/app directory, Opera works fine till I reboot again. All my saved bookmarks are also there.
Seems to be a permissions issue. Any help to avoid these '/tmp/app' errors would be appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By sypholin in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-06-2007, 09:47 PM
-
By DzIGOR in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-03-2006, 02:17 PM
-
By Keithj in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-03-2005, 05:49 PM
-
By Leipe_Po in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-10-2005, 01:34 AM
-
By PhilQ in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-07-2005, 12:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY
$89.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

LOT OF 4 HP 840758-091 32GB DDR4 PC4-2666 Registered Server Memory 128GB Total
$1000.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro
$189.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original
$39.88