Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: I can't get it to boot for anything

  1. #11
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    11
    I've tried that. Still didn't work. I can't get indows off now. I can't belive I even did that. I've tired the partion manager that comes with knppix and I still couldn't get rid of it.

  2. #12
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    11
    I just got it off =)
    Now what dude

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by FUSiON Xbetas
    I've tried that. Still didn't work. I can't get indows off now. I can't belive I even did that. I've tired the partion manager that comes with knppix and I still couldn't get rid of it.
    Have you tried boot from the cd open console window and sudo mkfs /dev/hda1 to format the hda1 if that is where you installed and then mkswap for the hda6? Then installing.

  4. #14
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    11
    Just did, didn't work, Think I Should install Knoppix without lilo and install lilo after I install?

  5. #15
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by FUSiON Xbetas
    Just did, didn't work, Think I Should install Knoppix without lilo and install lilo after I install?
    Try it but make sure you make a boot floppy during the install to be able to boot the system.

  6. #16
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    11
    how do I install lilo after I boot.

  7. #17
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    lilo -C path_to_your_lilo_conf

    However, don't do it unless you know something about lilo as this is one of the few changes that can render your system totally unusable, except booting from floppy and CD-ROM. Messing around with MBR, boot sector (which is what lilo does) is very dangerous.

  8. #18
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by FUSiON Xbetas
    how do I install lilo after I boot.
    If you have installed on the boot drive (hda) then open a root console and /sbin/lilo will write lilo to the MBR (of hda).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01