Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Why my Aztech USB wireless Adapter not capturing any packets

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    16

    Why my Aztech USB wireless Adapter not capturing any packets

    I am using Aztech USB wireless Adpater to connect Wireless Access Point (AP). With Windows XP everything works fine. Even I can capture some packet using WireShark software. But when I boot the same system (DELL 610C laptob) with Knoppix 5.0 Live CD, Knoppix detect the Wireless USB Adapter. I can see Adapter and its MAC address with 'ifconfig -a ' command. But when I run Ethereal or AirSnort, I cannot connect to AP or cannot capture any packets.

    Is there any additional configuration of Wireless USB adapter before it can be used? What is the problem, please help me.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    204

    Re: Why my Aztech USB wireless Adapter not capturing any pac

    Quote Originally Posted by askme
    I am using Aztech USB wireless Adpater to connect Wireless Access Point (AP). With Windows XP everything works fine. Even I can capture some packet using WireShark software. But when I boot the same system (DELL 610C laptob) with Knoppix 5.0 Live CD, Knoppix detect the Wireless USB Adapter. I can see Adapter and its MAC address with 'ifconfig -a ' command. But when I run Ethereal or AirSnort, I cannot connect to AP or cannot capture any packets.

    Is there any additional configuration of Wireless USB adapter before it can be used? What is the problem, please help me.
    Never heard about success story by using USB wireless adapter with Knoppix live CD. (I mean just plug in the USB device and boot from CD and it works automatically). Correct me if I wrong.

    However, I did try on my Dell 610 with Trendnet TEW-424UB Wireless USB adaptor using the ndiswrapper method.

    Please check it out on

    http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_FAQ

    Take a look at FAQ 2,3,4,6 might help

    Rgds
    Chip

Similar Threads

  1. PCI Wireless Adapter?? Which ones the best?
    By Sk8erG4388 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2006, 06:59 PM
  2. Wireless USB 2.0 adapter
    By phiepr in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-12-2005, 12:39 PM
  3. Belkin USB 802.11b Wireless adapter
    By TharrBeNoSpoon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2004, 01:18 PM
  4. Sitecom WL-003 (USB Wireless LAN adapter)
    By Carey in forum Networking
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-19-2003, 11:56 PM
  5. What Wireless Adapter ?
    By Tad in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 11:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box picture

GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box

$48.00



GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats picture

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats

$35.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS picture

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS

$16.95



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical  - USA Seller picture

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller

$29.99



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25