Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Why my Aztech USB wireless Adapter not capturing any packets

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    16

    Why my Aztech USB wireless Adapter not capturing any packets

    I am using Aztech USB wireless Adpater to connect Wireless Access Point (AP). With Windows XP everything works fine. Even I can capture some packet using WireShark software. But when I boot the same system (DELL 610C laptob) with Knoppix 5.0 Live CD, Knoppix detect the Wireless USB Adapter. I can see Adapter and its MAC address with 'ifconfig -a ' command. But when I run Ethereal or AirSnort, I cannot connect to AP or cannot capture any packets.

    Is there any additional configuration of Wireless USB adapter before it can be used? What is the problem, please help me.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    204

    Re: Why my Aztech USB wireless Adapter not capturing any pac

    Quote Originally Posted by askme
    I am using Aztech USB wireless Adpater to connect Wireless Access Point (AP). With Windows XP everything works fine. Even I can capture some packet using WireShark software. But when I boot the same system (DELL 610C laptob) with Knoppix 5.0 Live CD, Knoppix detect the Wireless USB Adapter. I can see Adapter and its MAC address with 'ifconfig -a ' command. But when I run Ethereal or AirSnort, I cannot connect to AP or cannot capture any packets.

    Is there any additional configuration of Wireless USB adapter before it can be used? What is the problem, please help me.
    Never heard about success story by using USB wireless adapter with Knoppix live CD. (I mean just plug in the USB device and boot from CD and it works automatically). Correct me if I wrong.

    However, I did try on my Dell 610 with Trendnet TEW-424UB Wireless USB adaptor using the ndiswrapper method.

    Please check it out on

    http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_FAQ

    Take a look at FAQ 2,3,4,6 might help

    Rgds
    Chip

Similar Threads

  1. PCI Wireless Adapter?? Which ones the best?
    By Sk8erG4388 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2006, 06:59 PM
  2. Wireless USB 2.0 adapter
    By phiepr in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-12-2005, 12:39 PM
  3. Belkin USB 802.11b Wireless adapter
    By TharrBeNoSpoon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2004, 01:18 PM
  4. Sitecom WL-003 (USB Wireless LAN adapter)
    By Carey in forum Networking
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-19-2003, 11:56 PM
  5. What Wireless Adapter ?
    By Tad in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 11:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot picture

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot

$79.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Micron 1300 MTFDDAK256TDL 256 GB SATA III 2.5 in Solid State Drive picture

Micron 1300 MTFDDAK256TDL 256 GB SATA III 2.5 in Solid State Drive

$24.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



SSD 2.5

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed

$42.00



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00