I'm not sure if this will help.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...297&highlight=
I haven't tried it in a while.
I am a new knoppix user and am trying to install f-prot to run a virus scan on my machine. Every time I go the kpackage manager and mark f-prot for an install, this happens -
The Debconf on Knoppix window comes up, asks how f-prot should be installed(I select download and install, but i've tried the other options which include install from package and install later). After this happens it looks like it should be installing and this is what the "details" menu in kpackage tell me -
Then the Debconf on Knoppix window reappears, asking me the same question, how f-prot should be installed. I select the same option again and bamCode:Downloading directory pub/'linux'/ Download failed please make sure that your computer is connected to the internet. If you see the error although you are connected, the either the server is down or the download location has changed ... dpkg: error processing f-prot installer (--configure): subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
So yeah. I guess I dont have a connection? But I am surfing the web just fine... Any help would be appreciated.Code:E: f-prot-installer: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
I'm not sure if this will help.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...297&highlight=
I haven't tried it in a while.
Same error:Originally Posted by rusty
[/code]Code:dpkg -i '///home/knoppix/Desktop/fp-linux-ws.deb' ;echo RESULT=$? (Reading database ... 477911 files and directories currently installed.) Preparing to replace fp-linux-ws 4.6.8 (using .../Desktop/fp-linux-ws.deb) ... Unpacking replacement fp-linux-ws ... Setting up fp-linux-ws (4.6.8) ... ln: creating symbolic link `/etc/f-prot.conf' to `/usr/local/f-prot/etc/f-prot.conf.default': File exists dpkg: error processing fp-linux-ws (--install): subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1 Errors were encountered while processing: fp-linux-ws RESULT=1
When I followed the instructions from my earlier post, everything worked ok.
This was the output from Kpackage, running 5.1 live CD.Code:dpkg -i '///home/knoppix/.kpackage/fp-linux-ws.deb' ;echo RESULT=$? Selecting previously deselected package fp-linux-ws. (Reading database ... 107135 files and directories currently installed.) Unpacking fp-linux-ws (from .../.kpackage/fp-linux-ws.deb) ... Setting up fp-linux-ws (4.6.8) ... *************************************** * F-Prot Antivirus Updater * *************************************** There's a new version of: "Document/Office/Macro viruses" signatures on the web. Starting to download... Download completed. There's a new version of: "Application/Script viruses and Trojans" signatures on the web. Starting to download... Download completed. Preparing to install Application/Script viruses and Trojans signatures. Application/Script viruses and Trojans signatures have successfully been installed. Preparing to install Document/Office/Macro viruses signatures. Document/Office/Macro viruses signatures have successfully been installed. ********************************** * Update completed successfully. * ********************************** RESULT=0
f-prot scanned a drive just fine.
It looks like your first attemp at installing failed , partially installing . Your best bet is to reboot the CD and try as above.
It worked, thanks very much!Originally Posted by rusty
Just one quick question - How do I change the password on the Knoppix user account?? I need to do that to log back in once I restart and try to boot to a knoppix image but I cant seem to figure out the pw...
As user Knoppix, open a shell and type: passwd, and follow the prompts.
Actually, that doesn't work because it requires i know the password already, which I dont.
Hmm, I thought the Knoppix password wasn't set. Type: man usermod at a shell and see if that can be used perhaps?

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99
Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00