Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Installing f-prot

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5

    Installing f-prot

    I am a new knoppix user and am trying to install f-prot to run a virus scan on my machine. Every time I go the kpackage manager and mark f-prot for an install, this happens -

    The Debconf on Knoppix window comes up, asks how f-prot should be installed(I select download and install, but i've tried the other options which include install from package and install later). After this happens it looks like it should be installing and this is what the "details" menu in kpackage tell me -

    Code:
    Downloading directory pub/'linux'/ 
    
         Download failed please make sure that your computer is connected to the internet.
         If you see the error although you are connected, the either the server is down or 
         the download location has changed
    
    ...
    
    dpkg: error processing f-prot installer (--configure):
    subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    Then the Debconf on Knoppix window reappears, asking me the same question, how f-prot should be installed. I select the same option again and bam



    Code:
    E: f-prot-installer: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    So yeah. I guess I dont have a connection? But I am surfing the web just fine... Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    N42.41 W73 and change
    Posts
    401
    I'm not sure if this will help.

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...297&highlight=

    I haven't tried it in a while.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty
    I'm not sure if this will help.

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...297&highlight=

    I haven't tried it in a while.
    Same error:

    Code:
    dpkg -i '///home/knoppix/Desktop/fp-linux-ws.deb' ;echo RESULT=$?
    (Reading database ... 477911 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to replace fp-linux-ws 4.6.8 (using .../Desktop/fp-linux-ws.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement fp-linux-ws ...
    Setting up fp-linux-ws (4.6.8) ...
    ln: creating symbolic link `/etc/f-prot.conf' to `/usr/local/f-prot/etc/f-prot.conf.default': File exists
    dpkg: error processing fp-linux-ws (--install):
     subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     fp-linux-ws
    RESULT=1
    [/code]

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    N42.41 W73 and change
    Posts
    401
    When I followed the instructions from my earlier post, everything worked ok.

    Code:
    dpkg -i '///home/knoppix/.kpackage/fp-linux-ws.deb' ;echo RESULT=$?
    Selecting previously deselected package fp-linux-ws.
    (Reading database ... 107135 files and directories currently installed.)
    Unpacking fp-linux-ws (from .../.kpackage/fp-linux-ws.deb) ...
    Setting up fp-linux-ws (4.6.8) ...
    ***************************************
    * F-Prot Antivirus Updater            *
    ***************************************
    
    There's a new version of:
    "Document/Office/Macro viruses" signatures on the web.
    Starting to download...
    Download completed.
    
    There's a new version of:
    "Application/Script viruses and Trojans" signatures on the web.
    Starting to download...
    Download completed.
    
    Preparing to install Application/Script viruses and Trojans signatures.
    Application/Script viruses and Trojans signatures have successfully been installed.
    
    Preparing to install Document/Office/Macro viruses signatures.
    Document/Office/Macro viruses signatures have successfully been installed.
    
    
    **********************************
    * Update completed successfully. *
    **********************************
    
    
    RESULT=0
    This was the output from Kpackage, running 5.1 live CD.

    f-prot scanned a drive just fine.

    It looks like your first attemp at installing failed , partially installing . Your best bet is to reboot the CD and try as above.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty
    When I followed the instructions from my earlier post, everything worked ok.

    Code:
    dpkg -i '///home/knoppix/.kpackage/fp-linux-ws.deb' ;echo RESULT=$?
    Selecting previously deselected package fp-linux-ws.
    (Reading database ... 107135 files and directories currently installed.)
    Unpacking fp-linux-ws (from .../.kpackage/fp-linux-ws.deb) ...
    Setting up fp-linux-ws (4.6.8) ...
    ***************************************
    * F-Prot Antivirus Updater            *
    ***************************************
    
    There's a new version of:
    "Document/Office/Macro viruses" signatures on the web.
    Starting to download...
    Download completed.
    
    There's a new version of:
    "Application/Script viruses and Trojans" signatures on the web.
    Starting to download...
    Download completed.
    
    Preparing to install Application/Script viruses and Trojans signatures.
    Application/Script viruses and Trojans signatures have successfully been installed.
    
    Preparing to install Document/Office/Macro viruses signatures.
    Document/Office/Macro viruses signatures have successfully been installed.
    
    
    **********************************
    * Update completed successfully. *
    **********************************
    
    
    RESULT=0
    This was the output from Kpackage, running 5.1 live CD.

    f-prot scanned a drive just fine.

    It looks like your first attemp at installing failed , partially installing . Your best bet is to reboot the CD and try as above.
    It worked, thanks very much!

    Just one quick question - How do I change the password on the Knoppix user account?? I need to do that to log back in once I restart and try to boot to a knoppix image but I cant seem to figure out the pw...

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    N42.41 W73 and change
    Posts
    401
    As user Knoppix, open a shell and type: passwd, and follow the prompts.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5
    Actually, that doesn't work because it requires i know the password already, which I dont.

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    N42.41 W73 and change
    Posts
    401
    Hmm, I thought the Knoppix password wasn't set. Type: man usermod at a shell and see if that can be used perhaps?

Similar Threads

  1. f-prot installation
    By jjbergdolt in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-2005, 06:11 PM
  2. apt get f=prot
    By rockmead76 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2004, 08:48 PM
  3. F-Prot (Antivirus)
    By probono in forum Klik
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-07-2004, 12:36 PM
  4. F-Prot
    By Sgeo in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 12:00 PM
  5. Installing f-prot when behind a proxy server?
    By MaldiGola in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-10-2004, 03:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$229.95



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08