The current version (5.1.1) runs fine. I can even point you to a long thread where forum member ruymbeke provides some great tools to let VMware boot directly from the downloaded DVD or CD ISO file and have the VMware tools available.
Hi,
I am new to Knoppix and linux in general. Can anyone recommend a version of Knoppix that I can run on VMWare server to learn more about it?
Thanks
Ciaran
The current version (5.1.1) runs fine. I can even point you to a long thread where forum member ruymbeke provides some great tools to let VMware boot directly from the downloaded DVD or CD ISO file and have the VMware tools available.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Thanks Harry- I'll get a copy of 5.1.1 and start looking at it-
Ultimately my intention is to run it on a kiosk computer that will access the internet.... do you think this would be possible?
It is certainly possible. There are some threads on these forums where others have discussed doing this. I would suggest doing a search for likely terms, kiosk would seem like a good place to start. Personally I'm not sure of the merit of doing that rather than simply installing Debian on a small hard drive, but it certainly can be done.Originally Posted by Ciaranyboy
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1690.40
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$105.99
Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$452.53
Western Digital 1TB SSD, PC SN730 NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 2280 SDBPNTY-1T00 WD
$99.50
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
Western Digital Blue (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 64MB Cache) 1TB HDD
$19.90