Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: When I edit menu.lst file, should I also edit menu.lst~ ?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    29

    When I edit menu.lst file, should I also edit menu.lst~ ?

    When I edit the "menu.lst" file, is it necessary (or advisable) to edit the "menu.lst~" file identically with the same changes that I edited the "menu.lst" file with? For example, I like to add "dma" (without the quotation marks) to the "menu.lst" file so that the file system check goes much faster. Is it necessary (or advisable) to add this "dma" command to the "menu.lst~" file also after I edit the "menu.lst" file with this "dma" command initially?

    Thank you very much for your help with this question.

    US

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    29

    Re: When I edit menu.lst file, should I also edit menu.lst~

    When I edit the "menu.lst" file, is it necessary (or advisable) to edit the "menu.lst~" file identically with the same changes that I edited the "menu.lst" file with? For example, I like to add "dma" (without the quotation marks) to the "menu.lst" file so that the file system check goes much faster. Is it necessary (or advisable) to add this "dma" command to the "menu.lst~" file after I edit the menu.lst file with this "dma" command initially?

    Thank you very much for your help with this question.
    p.s. I did not intend to post this message two times but when I edited my first message above, the knoppix.net's software (or my computer's software) posted my message twice in this forum.

    US

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245
    You are, most likely, editing the file 'menu.lst' vith the 'VI' editor, or you have done that in the past.
    The '*~' files are the old.version created by this editor by default and you can safetely delete it.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    29
    Thank you, "maxIT", for your reply. Your statements have helped me.

    Blessings

    US

    Quote Originally Posted by maxIT
    You are, most likely, editing the file 'menu.lst' vith the 'VI' editor, or you have done that in the past.
    The '*~' files are the old.version created by this editor by default and you can safetely delete it.

Similar Threads

  1. how to edit&save menu.lst (grub)??
    By jv_guano in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 06:17 AM
  2. How to edit Menu.lst file?
    By aidata in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2005, 06:53 PM
  3. Trying to edit file onn hdd.
    By CyberInzane in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-23-2004, 09:33 PM
  4. menu edit
    By sfit in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-26-2003, 04:49 AM
  5. How to edit the contents of .tbz file
    By probono in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 08:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE

$189.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



HP Samsung PM871b 2.5 SATA SSD 256GB Solid state drive picture

HP Samsung PM871b 2.5 SATA SSD 256GB Solid state drive

$29.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99