The current version (5.1.1) runs fine. I can even point you to a long thread where forum member ruymbeke provides some great tools to let VMware boot directly from the downloaded DVD or CD ISO file and have the VMware tools available.
Hi,
I am new to Knoppix and linux in general. Can anyone recommend a version of Knoppix that I can run on VMWare server to learn more about it?
Thanks
Ciaran
The current version (5.1.1) runs fine. I can even point you to a long thread where forum member ruymbeke provides some great tools to let VMware boot directly from the downloaded DVD or CD ISO file and have the VMware tools available.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Thanks Harry- I'll get a copy of 5.1.1 and start looking at it-
Ultimately my intention is to run it on a kiosk computer that will access the internet.... do you think this would be possible?
It is certainly possible. There are some threads on these forums where others have discussed doing this. I would suggest doing a search for likely terms, kiosk would seem like a good place to start. Personally I'm not sure of the merit of doing that rather than simply installing Debian on a small hard drive, but it certainly can be done.Originally Posted by Ciaranyboy
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99
Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99
GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95
Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99
Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99
Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU
$39.99
COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95
i9 13900K + Z790 F-Gaming + Rog Ryujin 2
$599.99