The current version (5.1.1) runs fine. I can even point you to a long thread where forum member ruymbeke provides some great tools to let VMware boot directly from the downloaded DVD or CD ISO file and have the VMware tools available.
Hi,
I am new to Knoppix and linux in general. Can anyone recommend a version of Knoppix that I can run on VMWare server to learn more about it?
Thanks
Ciaran
The current version (5.1.1) runs fine. I can even point you to a long thread where forum member ruymbeke provides some great tools to let VMware boot directly from the downloaded DVD or CD ISO file and have the VMware tools available.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Thanks Harry- I'll get a copy of 5.1.1 and start looking at it-
Ultimately my intention is to run it on a kiosk computer that will access the internet.... do you think this would be possible?
It is certainly possible. There are some threads on these forums where others have discussed doing this. I would suggest doing a search for likely terms, kiosk would seem like a good place to start. Personally I'm not sure of the merit of doing that rather than simply installing Debian on a small hard drive, but it certainly can be done.Originally Posted by Ciaranyboy
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD
$149.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45
ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$71.49
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
GIGABYTE H610M S2H V2 Motherboard, Supports 14th/13th/12th Gen Intel Core i5 i7
$69.59
ASUS ROG Strix X870E-E Gaming WiFi AMD AM5 X870 ATX Motherboard (Open Box)
$247.46