The current version (5.1.1) runs fine. I can even point you to a long thread where forum member ruymbeke provides some great tools to let VMware boot directly from the downloaded DVD or CD ISO file and have the VMware tools available.
Hi,
I am new to Knoppix and linux in general. Can anyone recommend a version of Knoppix that I can run on VMWare server to learn more about it?
Thanks
Ciaran
The current version (5.1.1) runs fine. I can even point you to a long thread where forum member ruymbeke provides some great tools to let VMware boot directly from the downloaded DVD or CD ISO file and have the VMware tools available.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Thanks Harry- I'll get a copy of 5.1.1 and start looking at it-
Ultimately my intention is to run it on a kiosk computer that will access the internet.... do you think this would be possible?
It is certainly possible. There are some threads on these forums where others have discussed doing this. I would suggest doing a search for likely terms, kiosk would seem like a good place to start. Personally I'm not sure of the merit of doing that rather than simply installing Debian on a small hard drive, but it certainly can be done.Originally Posted by Ciaranyboy
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

VTI KB-5161 Vintage Blue Alps Keyboard
$223.00
🔥 Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS �
$309.00
Peripheral Vision VINTAGE EDUMATE LIGHT PEN Atati 800/400 & COMMODORE 64 Unteste
$79.90
Vintage 2000 MICROSOFT Intellimouse Explorer Optical Technology - Original Box
$59.99
Vintage IBM Personal Computer Printer Adapter 1505200 NOS New n Box PC XT Sealed
$24.95
Vintage NEW Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard Win95 PS/2 black Ergonomic open box
$169.99
Vintage Intel i486 DX 33MHz CPU (A80486DX-33 / SX419) – Excellent Condition
$44.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage computer AMD K6-2 300 MHz 96 MB ram No HDD/No OS
$79.99
LOT 37pcs MIXED VINTAGE HP DOT MATRIX, SPIDER LEADS IC GOLD LEGS, ETC, UNTESTED,
$100.00