I booted a Knoppix 2007 live CD last night trying to get photos off an old digital camera that uses serial connection.
GTKam had the driver and to my surprise I found I could save the pictures to the desktop. That was something I haven't been able to do with other live CDs.
I've played a little with it, but I missed the part that Knoppix could do that and I'm wondering what else it can do.
Is this a live distro that gives you access to a machine as if it were installed?
Is that why Klaus asks why bother to install it? How is it made that it lets you save files like that?
Anybody out there can maybe explain it to me? I'd appreciate it.

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1690.40
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Western Digital 1TB SSD, PC SN730 NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 2280 SDBPNTY-1T00 WD
$99.50
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$452.53
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$189.99
SanDisk Ultra 3D SSD 1TB, SDSSDH3 2.5" SSD Drive SATA III 6GB/S (SDSSDH3-1T02)
$138.56