Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Is it safe to use the Adobe Flash Player with Knoppix 5.1.1?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    29

    Is it safe to use the Adobe Flash Player with Knoppix 5.1.1?

    If Adobe Flash Player Flaws Enable a Smorgasbord of Exploits, is it safe to use with Knoppix 5.1.1 OS installed on our hard drives? To be safe, I'll use the Knoppix 5.1.1 live CD OS while it is running in my CD-ROM drive when I feel the need to see a video. This way, my hard drive files should be safe from any malware exploits. But I have read some bad news about the Adobe Flash Player and this may be why "Iceweasel" doesn't automatically include it in the "Iceweasel" browser that is found on the Knoppix 5.1.1 live CD. What say you?

    Thanks!

    Blessings

    US

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203
    Don't know about safety, but when browsing I always set my browser to not download images and I never use adobe flash player. I do this for speed and safety. I just don't like seeing all of the whiz bang crappola that people put in their web pages. Whenever I want to see something I'll temporarily enable images.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by turbine
    Don't know about safety, but when browsing I always set my browser to not download images and I never use adobe flash player. I do this for speed and safety. I just don't like seeing all of the whiz bang crappola that people put in their web pages. Whenever I want to see something I'll temporarily enable images.
    I really like your settings suggestion! I must learn how to set my browser so that it will not download images (for the exact same reasons that you have mentioned here in your letter).

    Thank you very much, Turbine, for your reply on this subject of downloading images! I don't know how to turn off the downloading of images capability in my browser but I'll do my best to discover it as soon as possible today.

    Blessings

    US

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    29
    I think that I have found the setting on the browser. I went to the "Edit" menu, then, "Preferences", then, "Content", then, "unchecked the box that is located next to the line that reads, 'Load images automatically' ".

    I don't see any pictures when I use the browser now. Thanks, again, for this tip!

    US

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    159
    There is also the "flashblock" extension for mozilla that works well.

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    29
    Thank you, "kirol", very much for your reply. Your statements have helped me with this.

    Blessings

    US

    Quote Originally Posted by kirol
    There is also the "flashblock" extension for mozilla that works well.

Similar Threads

  1. Live CD with Adobe Flash: how?
    By yukichigai in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 12:43 PM
  2. Wo speichert Knoppix Flash Player Dateien?
    By SagaTious in forum German Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 09:23 PM
  3. If Adobe Flash Player Flaws Enable a Smorgasbord of Exploits
    By Uncle Stinky in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2008, 09:38 AM
  4. Knoppix or Kanotix + VMware Player = safe Windows browser!
    By groenewe in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2006, 11:55 AM
  5. The flash player
    By Lemming in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2004, 09:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks SRX220 8-Port Gigabit Layer 3 Managed Rackmount RJ-45 USB picture

Juniper Networks SRX220 8-Port Gigabit Layer 3 Managed Rackmount RJ-45 USB

$285.00



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99



Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW) picture

Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)

$999.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p

$89.99



Juniper Networks EX4400-24X picture

Juniper Networks EX4400-24X

$3250.00



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$361.91



Juniper EX2300 Unclaimed 12-Port Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12T picture

Juniper EX2300 Unclaimed 12-Port Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12T

$249.99