I booted a Knoppix 2007 live CD last night trying to get photos off an old digital camera that uses serial connection.
GTKam had the driver and to my surprise I found I could save the pictures to the desktop. That was something I haven't been able to do with other live CDs.
I've played a little with it, but I missed the part that Knoppix could do that and I'm wondering what else it can do.
Is this a live distro that gives you access to a machine as if it were installed?
Is that why Klaus asks why bother to install it? How is it made that it lets you save files like that?
Anybody out there can maybe explain it to me? I'd appreciate it.

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 400/800 Computer CPU PCB Module Board with NTSC GTIA - Works Perfectly
$42.95
Atari 800 Computer CX801 10K ROM Personality Module CX801 - Works Perfectly
$23.95
Atari Home Computer Software/Books/Manuals/Magazines Lot - Read desc for details
$95.00
Atari 1040ST Personal Computer Desktop Vintage 1040ST SideCartridge Mouse VGA
$650.00
Atari 410 Program Recorder repair w manual sheet/ adapter cord
$23.99
A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95
ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29