-
KDE Freezing at Desktop, Knoppix 5.1.1
Greetings all,
I have a brand-new Compaq Presario SR2150NX (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...339274&lang=en), and the default Knoppix 5.1.1 configuration freezes up at the KDE desktop before I can do anything. The desktop icons start to appear, but then the mouse "throbber" suddenly stops moving along with the mouse, and a second or two later the mouse cursor stops responding entirely. Ctrl-Alt-Backspace does nothing.
Knoppix still works fine without any problems if I use desktop=icewm or desktop=fluxbox. Knoppix 4.0 works fine in KDE as well, though it doesn't seem to detect the SATA drive. Maybe that has something to do with it?
-
Any ideas on what else I can do to diagnose the problem?
-
I'm still curious about this.
-
Anybody? Perhaps there's some way I can force Knoppix to use an alternative SATA driver, or stop the KDE desktop from looking for the partitions?
Similar Threads
-
By danielc in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-17-2008, 11:29 PM
-
By shadowics in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-09-2005, 12:17 PM
-
By Dr Snark in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 05-28-2004, 12:37 PM
-
By foil in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-21-2003, 06:55 AM
-
By punk000 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-29-2003, 10:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00