-
Please help me get my data back
Hello,
I recently 'damaged' my external HD (Maxtor) & now I can't have access to it through Windows. I thought I had lost over 200GB worth of data until I found KNOPPIX. I made the CD, & when I booted Linux the Maxtor was detected & even read =D
The problem is.... I can't seem to be able to port any data from the Maxtor to any other HD, as a backup... How can I do this?
I am able to make folders on other HDs through Linux... But when I try to move folders from Maxtor to other HDs, a 'transfer' window is displayed, which then reads 'stalled'. This means no data is copied... All my HDs are NFTS...
What can I do?
Additionally, I have another issue. I bought a second external HD (Maxtor2) on which to put all data as a second backup. The problem is, Maxtor2 is only available through my local network, that is, my LAN. Linux doesn't seem to be able to read it, & an error message that reads that something (I don't recall the name) is not enabled... Any help with that, please?
Similar Threads
-
By Sammy1719 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-19-2009, 08:22 AM
-
By chris-harry in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-30-2004, 05:35 AM
-
By Craig2 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-12-2004, 02:22 PM
-
By dtk in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 02:58 PM
-
By spreadthecream in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-03-2003, 02:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$246.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95