Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: From XP HDD to external HDD--getting an error in Konqueror

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    2

    From XP HDD to external HDD--getting an error in Konqueror

    I own a Maxtor OneTouch 4 Mini that came with a SafetyDrill bootable CD that, apparently, contains Knoppix. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea how to use Linux so I'm completely lost.

    Here's the situation: my wife's laptop, a Toshiba Satellite M55-S3292, isn't able to boot into Windows XP. I think the XP install is toast (won't stop rebooting when it tries to launch Windows), but that's completely besides the point.

    What I want to do is copy files from her C-drive to the external hard drive (which is USB). Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do this.

    I did find this FAQ, but, unfortunately, I'm getting stuck on an error message when trying to access the hard drive.

    In Konqueror under "Storage Media" I see a list of three things: "OneTouch4 Mini", "SQ003928" (which is her C-drive), and "SafetyDrill" (which is, I assume, the CD it's running off of).

    If I try to click on SQ003928, I get this error message:
    Error - Konqueror

    Could not mount device.

    The reported error was:

    The device /dev/sda1, is mounted.

    Forced to continue.

    Couldn't mount device '/dev/sda1' : Operation not supported

    Windows did not shut down properly. Try to mount volume in windows, shut down and try again.

    Mount failed.
    If I click on "OneTouch4 Mini" I get a similar error message:
    Error - Konqueror

    Could not mount device.

    The reported error was:

    The device /dev/sdb1, is mounted.

    Forced to continue.

    fusermount: mountpoint is not empty

    fusermount: if you are sure this is safe, use the 'nonempty' mount option

    fuse_mount failed.

    Unmounting /dev/sdb1 (OneTouch4 Mini)
    Anything I can do? Would making a DVD of Knoppix 5.1 help? Because I'm downloading it right now, just in case.

    Thanks! My wife is dying without her computer.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    2
    Turns out this was some sort of peculiarity with the "Maxtor version" (so to speak) of Knoppix. A fresh, new DVD version worked fine.

Similar Threads

  1. konqueror showing linking error with X-server
    By shringi in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 07:03 PM
  2. 4.0.2 and DCOP Communications Error for Konqueror
    By sag in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 08:20 PM
  3. konqueror without KDE
    By cyber_moron in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 02:39 AM
  4. Konqueror
    By porchy in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2004, 03:13 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2004, 04:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE picture

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE

$295.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM SYSTEM X3550 M5 5463AC1 2.5x8 Server 2*XEON E5-2640 V3 8GB SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3550 M5 5463AC1 2.5x8 Server 2*XEON E5-2640 V3 8GB SEE NOTES

$85.99



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$49.99



IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 ) picture

IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )

$24.99