Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: '=' key does not work when booting up Knoppix

  1. #1

    '=' key does not work when booting up Knoppix

    Hey guys,
    I just recently downloaded and burnt Knoppix v5.1 to a dvd. When I booted it I tried using the 'knoppix lang=us' command to boot it in a language that I can read. But to no avail, the '=' simply doesn't work! Is there a solution to this? Or should I start brushing up on my German? haha help would be GREATLY appreciated!

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Interesting that in your options you considered learning German, but never considered downloading the correct ISO file.

    Yea, the = key is not in the same place on a German Keyboard. But it is there. I forget exactly which key it is, but you could either search around the keyboard for it or search these forums for the answer, as this has been answered many times before.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    I searched for it, couldn't find anything on it. perhaps i didn't search good enough? And when I went to download the torrent, I didn't see any specific Language ISO's.

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by stevendolinsky
    ... perhaps i didn't search good enough?....
    No perhaps about it, it's there, assuming that your keyboard is not bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by stevendolinsky
    ...I didn't see any specific Language ISO's.
    see answer #1.

    Of all of the forums that you could have posted this in, what made you think that a Laptop forum was the best choice? OK, I suspect that maybe you have a laptop, but that hardly means that every question that you might ask about Knoppix belongs in a laptop forum, does it? There are several other forums that I would have expected to be reasonable choices for this thread. I'll give you some time to find this answer, but then the thread will be moved out of the laptop forum.

Similar Threads

  1. usb flash drive doesn't work after booting without udev
    By EV-vD in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-16-2007, 06:17 AM
  2. When booting Live cd K5.0.1 ps/2 not work pci=irqmask=0x0e98
    By P4w3ll in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-31-2006, 10:30 PM
  3. Booting with myconfig did not work
    By TomF in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-13-2003, 10:35 PM
  4. Booting is fine...but mouse doesn't work.
    By Amb in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-12-2003, 07:48 AM
  5. Cant get Network booting / PXE to work??
    By isoaga in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-05-2003, 03:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$600.00



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked) picture

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)

$17.99



Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked) picture

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)

$18.99



Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW picture

Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW

$399.99



YEASTAR MODEL TA2400 NEOGATE VOIP ANALOG FXS GATEWAY WITH 24 CHANNEL PHONE/FAX picture

YEASTAR MODEL TA2400 NEOGATE VOIP ANALOG FXS GATEWAY WITH 24 CHANNEL PHONE/FAX

$250.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included

$27.99