-
'=' key does not work when booting up Knoppix
Hey guys,
I just recently downloaded and burnt Knoppix v5.1 to a dvd. When I booted it I tried using the 'knoppix lang=us' command to boot it in a language that I can read. But to no avail, the '=' simply doesn't work! Is there a solution to this? Or should I start brushing up on my German? haha help would be GREATLY appreciated!
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Interesting that in your options you considered learning German, but never considered downloading the correct ISO file.
Yea, the = key is not in the same place on a German Keyboard. But it is there. I forget exactly which key it is, but you could either search around the keyboard for it or search these forums for the answer, as this has been answered many times before.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
I searched for it, couldn't find anything on it. perhaps i didn't search good enough? And when I went to download the torrent, I didn't see any specific Language ISO's.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
stevendolinsky
... perhaps i didn't search good enough?....
No perhaps about it, it's there, assuming that your keyboard is not bad.

Originally Posted by
stevendolinsky
...I didn't see any specific Language ISO's.
see answer #1.
Of all of the forums that you could have posted this in, what made you think that a Laptop forum was the best choice? OK, I suspect that maybe you have a laptop, but that hardly means that every question that you might ask about Knoppix belongs in a laptop forum, does it? There are several other forums that I would have expected to be reasonable choices for this thread. I'll give you some time to find this answer, but then the thread will be moved out of the laptop forum.
Similar Threads
-
By EV-vD in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-16-2007, 06:17 AM
-
By P4w3ll in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-31-2006, 10:30 PM
-
By TomF in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-13-2003, 10:35 PM
-
By Amb in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 07:48 AM
-
By isoaga in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-05-2003, 03:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW
$599.40

Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i
$699.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Empty Chassis XJ6VP
$149.99

ASUS Blade Server LAN Web Remote Management KVM Module Chip IPMI 2.0 ASMB9-iKVM
$49.99

AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF
$215.00