-
can't read files in windows
I booted knoppix from the live cd, I have a 120GB usb hard drive that I want to transfer files from my windows XP drive to. I can read and write to both drives. I can also read and write to a 2GB usb flash drive.
Both usb drives are formatted in FAT32, windows is NTFS.
When I look at the drives in XP, all the files that I wrote to (in Knoppix) the 2GB flash drive are visible and accessible (in XP).
HOWEVER......
When I look at the 120GB drive in XP, none of the files that I tried to transfer are there. They are the exact same files that I wrote to the flash drive.
If I go back in to Knoppix, I can access the files on the 120GB that I tried to transfer but can't read in XP.
I am a linux n00b, so Im kind of lost. This is a very strange problem. I would appreciate any help.
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By searching-4-a-soul in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-05-2008, 07:31 PM
-
By merck4819 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-17-2006, 04:45 PM
-
By madscene in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-10-2005, 12:15 AM
-
By macsmith in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 09:51 AM
-
By furryfren in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-01-2004, 12:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00