-
"Could not mount device"
"Could not mount device.
The reported error was:
mount: I could not determine the filesystem type, and none was specified'
This is an error I get whenever I try to access my IDE hard drive through Knoppix 5.1.1(running off a CD).
I'm trying to save all the data on that drive by transfering it to a USB external. The filesystem is NFTS so I'm confused as to why it will not let me access it?
The strange thing is only a week ago I could browse the contents of this drive perfectly. Only when I connected the IDE drive to my new computer (whcih already has a SATA) does the IDE HDD seem impossible to access.. I am very new at Linux so if someone can help me through this process I'd appreciate it.
I really need the data on this HDD!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi Samizdat,
Well so far you haven't given enough details about what mount command you tried to use, or what knoppix 5.1.1 sees your hard drives as.
If you just want the files off of the ide drive... I would just disconnect the sata drive, and plug in the usb external drive after you have booted up into the gui. You can copy your files and be done with the ide problem.
Similar Threads
-
By Mr K in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-05-2008, 06:37 PM
-
By rioachim in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-17-2005, 01:47 AM
-
By sakiZ in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-30-2004, 10:34 AM
-
By gooz in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 09:11 PM
-
By YuXeL in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-08-2003, 01:48 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW
$450.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00