-
Can't mount USB pen
Hello,
I'm sorry if this topic has already been discussed many times.
I'm working with a live cd of Knoppix (I think 5.0.1) with some RTAI libraries, which has been created by my university; hence I can't change it.
When I boot from my desktop it works perfectly, while in my laptop I'm not able to mount an usb pen.
During the boot process I read "USB Found: Managed by UDEV", therefore I think that the USB ports have been detected, but when I plug in my pen, nothing happens (otherwise on the desktop, when I plug in, the pen automatically opens).
I tried many commands such as "mount /dev/sd*" but in /dev there's nothing like "sd*".
The output of lsusb is the following (before and after the pen is plugged, it's the same):
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05ca:183a Ricoh Co., Ltd
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
With: "tail -f /var/log/messages" nothing happens when I plug the pen.
What else can I try?
Tell me if I can give other useful informations.
Thank you very much.
P.S.: I don't know if this is relevant, but to boot I have to use the option: "linux nodhcp", otherwise it enters in a loop in which it continues to write: "sky2 eth0 phy read timoeout" and I can't do anything
Similar Threads
-
By dvryknopper in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-01-2006, 06:19 PM
-
By markpelletier in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-31-2005, 07:06 PM
-
By Wassim in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-03-2005, 03:59 PM
-
By Superstoned in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-16-2003, 09:13 PM
-
By beaky in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-07-2003, 01:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-768GB +384GB - 656-0119/ 656-0120
$69.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00

1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop
$29.99