Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: KnoppixKDE Dead?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Muscat.Oman
    Posts
    262

    KnoppixKDE Dead?

    Whatever happened to KnoppixKDE?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    KDE 3.1 got included into Knoppix 3.2, so there is no real need anymore.

    But watch out for Knoppix KDE CVS from orth

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I take it that that Knoppix KDE 3.2 (by orth) has not been produced yet. Correct?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Muscat.Oman
    Posts
    262
    I am a linux beginner so I don't have enough knowhow yet to remaster knoppix so as to exclude apps that I don't need.
    I resently browsed the web using mozilla when after a few windows were opened mozilla and at the same time knoppix got stucked!Nothing moved-mouse or keyboard were useless so I had to press the reset button of the pc.This I attrbuted to mozilla.

    I decided to try out knoppixkde and so far I have not had any lockups while using konqueror.

    Before I forget-I am using the poor man's install of knoppixkde.Copied the 400mb knoppix file ,the background ,the knoppix.sh and the persistent home files to my hd knoppix folder.Works okay so far!

    Perhaps a HOWTO on knoppixkde would be great.Thanks anyway for knoppixkde!

Similar Threads

  1. KnoppixKDE Review
    By aay in forum News
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-20-2003, 07:32 AM
  2. KnoppixKDE
    By eadz in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-03-2003, 03:25 PM
  3. KnoppixKDE boot problem ???
    By shlomil in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 05:23 AM
  4. knoppixkde
    By vasfi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2003, 06:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P picture

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P

$71.49



MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ... picture

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...

$89.99



ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard

$351.99



Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard picture

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard

$54.99