-
Grub boot sequence
Hi all...how can I change the boot sequence of grub when I first turn on my laptop? I need to do two thing basically:
1. change the time of automatically booting if I did not choose an option
2. how can have grub use windows as a default operating system first, unless manually specified otherwise.
Now the default is debian..I want my laptop to always boot with windows, unless I ask him to boot Knoppix. (what would be the command line to edit all this?)
Thank you in advance for your help.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Grub boot sequence
You need to edit the file /boot/grub/menu.lst
# sudo mcedit /boot/grub/menu.lst
1. adjust the line that says "timeout X" where X represents a number of seconds
2. adjust the line that says "default N" where windows coresponds to the N-th "title" entry in the file (counting from zero)
Similar Threads
-
By Kater Karlo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-03-2005, 05:46 AM
-
By turbines in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 01:37 PM
-
By Alexxx in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-04-2004, 11:32 AM
-
By wfb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-06-2003, 01:39 AM
-
By vampylestat in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-17-2003, 09:16 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95