Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Can't mount USB pen

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2

    Can't mount USB pen

    Hello,
    I'm sorry if this topic has already been discussed many times.
    I'm working with a live cd of Knoppix (I think 5.0.1) with some RTAI libraries, which has been created by my university; hence I can't change it.
    When I boot from my desktop it works perfectly, while in my laptop I'm not able to mount an usb pen.
    During the boot process I read "USB Found: Managed by UDEV", therefore I think that the USB ports have been detected, but when I plug in my pen, nothing happens (otherwise on the desktop, when I plug in, the pen automatically opens).
    I tried many commands such as "mount /dev/sd*" but in /dev there's nothing like "sd*".
    The output of lsusb is the following (before and after the pen is plugged, it's the same):
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05ca:183a Ricoh Co., Ltd
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 006 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    With: "tail -f /var/log/messages" nothing happens when I plug the pen.
    What else can I try?
    Tell me if I can give other useful informations.
    Thank you very much.

    P.S.: I don't know if this is relevant, but to boot I have to use the option: "linux nodhcp", otherwise it enters in a loop in which it continues to write: "sky2 eth0 phy read timoeout" and I can't do anything

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2
    No one?
    It's getting tough to go on without usb working

Similar Threads

  1. MOUNT /USR
    By dvryknopper in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-01-2006, 06:19 PM
  2. nfs mount: mount: RPC: Program not registered
    By markpelletier in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2005, 07:06 PM
  3. How To Mount
    By Wassim in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2005, 03:59 PM
  4. mount-aes ???
    By Superstoned in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2003, 09:13 PM
  5. Can't mount over nfs
    By beaky in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-07-2003, 01:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$275.00



Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$225.00



MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



1979 Guide To Home Computers Altair Poly 88 North Star IMSAI PCS-80 Heath H8 picture

1979 Guide To Home Computers Altair Poly 88 North Star IMSAI PCS-80 Heath H8

$24.00



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI) picture

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)

$34.99



Intel 4004 IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair picture

Intel 4004 IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair

$48.00



Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair

$69.99



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



1976 Vintage CPU Guide Intel C4004 8008 CDP1802 IMP-16 PACE M6800 Rockwell PPS-4 picture

1976 Vintage CPU Guide Intel C4004 8008 CDP1802 IMP-16 PACE M6800 Rockwell PPS-4

$59.99