Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Can't mount USB pen

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2

    Can't mount USB pen

    Hello,
    I'm sorry if this topic has already been discussed many times.
    I'm working with a live cd of Knoppix (I think 5.0.1) with some RTAI libraries, which has been created by my university; hence I can't change it.
    When I boot from my desktop it works perfectly, while in my laptop I'm not able to mount an usb pen.
    During the boot process I read "USB Found: Managed by UDEV", therefore I think that the USB ports have been detected, but when I plug in my pen, nothing happens (otherwise on the desktop, when I plug in, the pen automatically opens).
    I tried many commands such as "mount /dev/sd*" but in /dev there's nothing like "sd*".
    The output of lsusb is the following (before and after the pen is plugged, it's the same):
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05ca:183a Ricoh Co., Ltd
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 006 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    With: "tail -f /var/log/messages" nothing happens when I plug the pen.
    What else can I try?
    Tell me if I can give other useful informations.
    Thank you very much.

    P.S.: I don't know if this is relevant, but to boot I have to use the option: "linux nodhcp", otherwise it enters in a loop in which it continues to write: "sky2 eth0 phy read timoeout" and I can't do anything

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2
    No one?
    It's getting tough to go on without usb working

Similar Threads

  1. MOUNT /USR
    By dvryknopper in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-01-2006, 06:19 PM
  2. nfs mount: mount: RPC: Program not registered
    By markpelletier in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2005, 07:06 PM
  3. How To Mount
    By Wassim in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2005, 03:59 PM
  4. mount-aes ???
    By Superstoned in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2003, 09:13 PM
  5. Can't mount over nfs
    By beaky in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-07-2003, 01:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 2 Seagate Constellation ES.3 ST2000NM0023 2TB 7200RPM SAS 6Gb/s 3.5

Lot of 2 Seagate Constellation ES.3 ST2000NM0023 2TB 7200RPM SAS 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD

$34.99



Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408

$354.99



Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD

$199.00



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99



Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



Lot Of 6 - Dell 0KP22D MG04ACA600E 6TB 7.2K 6Gb/s SATA 3.5

Lot Of 6 - Dell 0KP22D MG04ACA600E 6TB 7.2K 6Gb/s SATA 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

$699.00



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$84.00



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59