-
Not allowing write mode to be set, please help
Hello,
I hope this is the right forum for this question. I am sorry to bother you all but I've been working on my computer all day. It is a windows XP machine that has a virus. I made a knoppix live cd to boot with. I ran a f-prot virus scan and it found viruses but didnt clean them because I didnt have write permission set. It was in read only. That is what wasted most of the day.
I followed more instructions to mount the drive which is located at /dev/hda1 then I right clicked to change read/write permission but it says "the command failed, maybe there is another process accessing the file system".
Similar Threads
-
By churrodudeski in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-28-2006, 08:39 PM
-
By kermitq in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 19
Last Post: 09-09-2006, 06:26 AM
-
By WaKa in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-16-2005, 11:10 PM
-
By walterma in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-26-2004, 07:52 AM
-
By Dioran in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-16-2003, 08:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$222.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99

Lenovo IdeaPad Flex-14API Laptop 14" AMD RYZEN 7 [email protected] 12GB RAM 512GB SSD
$259.00