Hi everyone,
I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop (about 5 years old, 1 GHz proc, 512 MB memory), and Knoppix Bootable CD V 5.1.1 seems to run fine on it, I can connect to the internet using my wireless card and use the openoffice applications.
However, I want to use QTParted, and I cannpt get it to run.
In the X_WIndows (default) mode, if I start either of the two QTPerted program links in the menu, I get a splash screen which shows the graphic for QT parted and says something like 'loading devices' - it just sits there and does nothing.
TH O/S hasn't crashed, however, evrything else works fine.
If I start it in Text mode or use the conslole, and run_qtparted, I get a menu asking what mouse I am using - whatever choice I make causes a very quick flash of text (too quick to read) and then I am back to the command line prompt again
Any one any ideas? do I need an earlier version?
Thanks for any help
Andy

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99
Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20" 1600x900 Resolution WideScreen LCD Monitor
$41.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99