-
Unmountable Boot Drive
Hi All,
Firstly Knoppix is fantastic, really impressed with it so far.
I was orginally forced into booting with Knoppix since xp wasn't loading from my Hard drive. Safe mode wouldn't load either. I just got a message saying unmountable boot drive. Did a bit of research and it seems I have bad sectors on the drive. I doubt it is a physical error since it is reading and writing perfectly from Knoppix.
My question really is: How can I repair my hard drive from Knoppix. I ran the xp recovery console using the xp cd with the usual commands chkdsk /p, chkdsk /r fixboot etc. Nothing has worked. I really need to get the pc up and running again. Can anyone help on this?
Cheers
Similar Threads
-
By FSL in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-15-2009, 10:18 PM
-
By homefry in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-06-2009, 04:53 PM
-
By jena in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-19-2008, 04:12 PM
-
By daryl2158 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 17
Last Post: 09-05-2005, 04:13 PM
-
By Tekno in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 04:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00