-
Senior Member
registered user
Harry,
Ya know? I installed VMware player. The installation asked me a ton of questions with defaults provided. I accepted them.
It killed my network. When I ran the My_Super_Easy_VM.vdx, I also got errors for:
parallel0 not found, and the same with the serial port.
I had to remove all of it's startup stuff in /etc/ and /etc/dhcpc/resolve.conf was changed to a non existant ip.
Not the kind of thing windows users can do. Unless they are familiar with VMware.
I saved the installation output in case you want to know I did wrong, cause I sure don't.
My final verdict is the same as the one I started this topic with.
VirtualBox is so much easier, and works great.
cheers
Similar Threads
-
By ex-para in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-19-2009, 08:42 AM
-
By sucram.resse in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-17-2009, 03:23 PM
-
By alteredcarbon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-14-2007, 07:24 PM
-
By otzberg in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-16-2006, 11:16 PM
-
By howagood in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-19-2003, 09:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00