-
Senior Member
registered user
After renaming my real knoppix.img to knoppix.img.sav
I rebooted.
I made a new persistent $home.
I rebooted.
I pinged google.com successfully.
I installed VMware Player 2.02. It looked very nice... detected missing kernel modules and built some.
(vmmon is the kernel tainter btw. It seems to say so on every bootup. You should know that Harry.)
I accepted every default offered.
I rebooted.
I booted up to console.
I pinged google.com successfully.
I started X with init 5
I could not access the internet.
I rebooted.
I Bzipped my brand new home image.
I renamed my real knoppix.img.sav to knoppix.img
I am back online. (whew!!!!!)
If you want a copy of the image... it's 157Mb, but I could put it up on my webspace...
so whatever default caused it I dunno. There are files in /home/knoppix with some cat /dev/vcs1 > filenames.txt
There are no line ends in those... but viewing them in mc works.
Actually maybe I can delete the player's install files from the $home and do the bzip again. Should make it about half that size.
I'll put it up at when I am done.
http://home.comcast.net/~johnrw/knop...vmware.tar.bz2
Similar Threads
-
By ex-para in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-19-2009, 08:42 AM
-
By sucram.resse in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-17-2009, 03:23 PM
-
By alteredcarbon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-14-2007, 07:24 PM
-
By otzberg in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-16-2006, 11:16 PM
-
By howagood in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-19-2003, 09:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67

Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card
$26.21