http://www.vmware.com/products/player/ says.....

"Run virtual machines on your Windows or Linux PC with VMware Player 2.0. This free desktop virtualization software application makes it easy to operate any virtual machine created by VMware Workstation, VMware Server or VMware ESX Server, as well as Microsoft virtual machines and Symantec LiveState Recovery disks. You can also use Player to evaluate one of the many virtual appliances available from the VMware Virtual Appliance Marketplace"
So people need VMware workstation to make the XP "appliance"... which Innotek's VirtualBox allows you to do with just one product. A free for personal use product.

As for the high cpu rate... I've already explaned that was because of the TED monitor sending really small packets often enough to jam things up. I discovered that reading the lkml, and mr usb greg k-h explained it straight forward enough. Even on my XP laptop the device is always causing writing... ie no buffering. Maybe on the next TED version they will see reason enough to put a 4k chip on it to buffer with. But other people who have a similar needs, may have better hardware hooked up to usb than this is.

Ya know, I suspect QEMU and kQEMU are probably better and they come with Knoppix 5.1.1 but this was so dreadfully easy I wanted to share with the Windows XP crowd. Tonight, I blew away two old XP partitions so I can make a really nice Windows XP Window with this.

cheers