Quote Originally Posted by johnrw
Well it's a long config file, most windows users could not cope with. This is a forum for people with a windows background.
I'm not clear on why you would want to say this. Even if you manually edit it, it's not that large or complex. Windows users have been dealing with far worse, at least any windows user who would likely use a virtual machine. Take for example the awful ini files in windows. But I pointed out free tools that give windows users a graphical user interface to create or edit the vmx file. One never has to look at the text contents of the file. The parallel port is just one of many advantages of using VMware. I have nothing against people having other options, and was glad to read the information that you presented about VirtualBox. But VMware is a very professional product and the availability of a free VMware player as well as free VMware server and free tools that create and edit vmx files should not be overlooked. To state that it costs nearly $200 to be able to create virtual machines with VMware is incorrect; I use VMware, freely and legally, and can create virtual machines just fine.