Quote Originally Posted by johnrw
Quote Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
I'll also point out that in conflict to your $189 claim to create vmx files for VMware, VMware is actually "more free" than Sun's Virtualbox. VirtualBox is free for personal use, but the full version has more restrictions on it than the free VMplayer for commercial use. If one is looking for true free open code software, neither Virtualbox nor VMware fit that requirement.
Really? When vmware was loaded... dmesg | head showed me I had a tainted kernel.
With VirtualBox Pro... I do not have one.
Could mean anything. Could mean that VMware detects a problem that Virtualbox misses. Could mean that VMware knows that it's not being installed into a standard system free of other virtualization software. Certainly doesn't say anything about the point I was stating in the text of mine that you quoted, which is that while parts of Virtualbox is indeed GPL, other parts are considered proprietary and are only free for personal or educational use. Neither VMware nor VirtualBox are true complete free open source solutions. You responded back "Really?" but then followed it with something that has nothing to do as far as I can tell with what I was saying.