-
Senior Member
registered user
Ok... enough. You go on and recommend to Windows Users New to Linux that they should use VMware Player 2.02 to run windows XP in a window.
I'll gladly tell people to use VirtualBox for basic XP needs... and if they want to study up long and hard... to find out what the answers to the installer's questions are going to ask them... before they even install it, to go ahead and do so.
We could create a topic for just such a task. Frankly, I was disappointed in VMware... because they are such a best of breed company.
I have some ungodly number of programs on a knoppix disk... and I am disappointed in VMware for not noticing there was another 'incompatible' VM software actively installed, with loaded drivers... and still continuing to install. I should not have to have any special boot image just to run 1 program.
My network was disabled by an incorrect /etc/dhcpc/resolve.conf being written. If those numbers were for network devices and subnets produced by vmware for the guest os... then maybe it should have been named vmware_resolve.conf.
Ok, enough is enough.
I will make a new knoppix.img and rename my real one... and install vmware with that.
I will also try out that GUI .vmx maker.
I probably won't remember my password here... and this will take me some time.
Similar Threads
-
By ex-para in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-19-2009, 08:42 AM
-
By sucram.resse in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-17-2009, 03:23 PM
-
By alteredcarbon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-14-2007, 07:24 PM
-
By otzberg in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-16-2006, 11:16 PM
-
By howagood in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-19-2003, 09:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot 300 Micron 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-21300 DDR4-2666V ECC Registered Server Memory RAM
$9000.00

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Ram Cards, 4 GB, LOT OF 16
$116.00

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

LOT 10: Samsung M393A4K40BB2-CTD7Y 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$1749.99

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50