-
Senior Member
registered user
Harry,
I can whine like the worst windows users out there... but you have made me curious about VMware. I had not thought at all about the possibility of any aftermarket support for VMware. Not that they all work flawlessly... but what in software does?
Ok... so I whined like a helpless windows user... who are usually just that... helpless. They don't know about all the internals... and who can blame them... Microsoft has worked very hard at keeping them from finding out. I'd be careful with what you suggest to them for THEM to try out. That's just my opinion. I am a can do guy... and I may install the free VMware Server on an image of it's own... so I can use some of the tools on the VMXBuilder author's website. I think that's here http://petruska.stardock.net/software/VMware.html Yes some of his stuff requires Workstation to be installed at least. Yes it can do alot of nifty things.
I can wade through breakage... but most Windows users can't. I know some that barely know what their C: drive is. They use My Documents... My this and My that... like M$ wanted them to.
Crap. Hillary Clinton got Ohio. If she wins the democrat nomination, I'm voting for McCain and if she wins the White House... moving to Europe! I'll probably find an Irish pub to get drunk in everyday lol.
I just wanted to say thanks for the tips on VMware. On the VMXbuilder website... he also has a script called winetricks.
Looks like it can help fixup wine too.
Thanks Harry.
Similar Threads
-
By ex-para in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-19-2009, 08:42 AM
-
By sucram.resse in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-17-2009, 03:23 PM
-
By alteredcarbon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-14-2007, 07:24 PM
-
By otzberg in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-16-2006, 11:16 PM
-
By howagood in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-19-2003, 09:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

DCTV Digital Creations Composite Television Commodore Amiga Converter Software.
$185.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT
$329.95