-
Knoppix 5.3 unter MS VirtualPC - network/proxy question
Hi everyone,
I have successfully installed Knoppix 5.3 from the LiveDVD unter MS Vortual PC. It all runs fine, seems at least. This is my first contact with Linux. OK, if this is a silly question...
Now that Knoppix sits in a virtual installation, it neetd to interact with the web via a proxy server. A proxy software is installed on some other machine. The Windows network can accept such proxy configuration.
I found where to enter the IP and port number of that proxy in the browser configuration in Knoppix, bot the proxy rejects all communication from Linux. it probably needs an IP or something? All other machines here in office have IPs such as 192.168.0.x...
What do I need to do in Knoppix, and where?
-
Already found out how... pretty hard for the first time, but after all things come together now.
Should I love Linux?
For sure I know: *I hate Vista*
Similar Threads
-
By richardr in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-14-2007, 01:57 AM
-
By Stamitz in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-08-2006, 12:24 PM
-
By Patonr in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-06-2005, 04:19 PM
-
By X_ArchAngel in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-03-2005, 09:25 PM
-
By pi8ch in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 04:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-11400F 6-Core 2.60GHz LGA1200 CPU Processor SRKP1
$70.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard
$370.00

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor
$259.99

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES Desktop CPU
$109.99

HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P
$319.99