-
Senior Member
registered user
I downloaded both DVD ISOs, and while the one from thepiratebay.org was little bit larger than the one from linuxtracker.org, the list of installed packages from each is identical.
(And apart from some proprietary drivers for something called an AVM Fritz!Card, on cursory inspection, I don't see any proprietary software.)
I also tried running the Knoppix installer to install Knoppix in "Debian" mode (twice) and ended up with a GRUB error 2 ("Bad file or directory type") when trying to access the kernel (or any file on the partition, for that matter) both times. So I gave up and reinstalled the distro I previously had on that partition, with no problems -- i.e. there's no problem with the partition itself. Bit of a mystery there.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$462.74

Acer Aspire 16 16" Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V S2 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Arc Refurbished
$519.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

2026 NEW SGIN 15.6" Laptop Win11 Intel i3 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Wi-Fi 6 RJ45 USB-C
$333.99