-
Re: How to extract the content of the Knoppix 5.3.0 minirt.g

Originally Posted by
ruymbeke
Since I did not get an answer on the debian mailing list:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-knopp.../msg00013.html
I will try again in here:
In order to customize your minirt and some features like: iso boot from ntfs, customized hostname,...
I found out this problem: how do you extract the content of the Knoppix 5.3.0 minirt.gz ?
Usually "gunzip initrd.gz" and "cpio -imvd -I ../initrd" does the job but not this time:
Each files of the minirt cpio archive file contains a leading "/" which makes the data of the minirt cpio archive
to be stored in the "root" instead of the current directory, overriding the system files of the running system.
I cannot find any cpio option to override the leading "/".
Please help...
Thank you and Best Regards,
Gilles
First of all, thanks for pointing out that the linuxtracker torrent provides an incomplete copy of the CeBIT image. I suspected as much!
You probably already have a workaround for the Knoppix customization, but I'll post some stream-of-consciousness ideas just in case.
1) Hack the cpio file directories with sed or hexedit.
2) Use chroot to provide a safe root.
3) Use unionfs or aufs to provide a safe root.
4) Use pax to convert to and from tar.
5) Use pax directly.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core 3.7GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor YD270XBGAFBOX
$95.00

Lenovo IdeaCentre Q190 (Type 10115) Mini PC Brand New Console Only 4GBram 500gb
$300.00

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00

Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor
$27.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$400.00

DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND
$199.99