-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
Eppo
.... version 5.3.1 will come for download "a week after CEBit".
Well, I was pretty doubtful that this target date would be made. CEBit opened 2 weeks ago now, and closed over a week ago. Looks like we have already slipped another week. See Eppo's post here, which gives what Klaus calls an "Internal release date" of this coming Saturday. I'm not sure what an Internal date is for a version that is released directly to the Internet, not to manufacturing, but I figure this date has about even odds of being met. Unless Internal means it is released to a few key testers, which could mean several more weeks of delay for testing and any additional fixes. If it does come out this weekend though I would suggest that users burn this release to rewriteable media and watch for a bug fix version a few weeks later. (We are those testers!) And, of course, stay away from the e-bay resellers unless you want your marginal high speed burn to be outdated by the time it arrives.
I hope I'm wrong on that, but Klaus seems to feel he is under pressure to get something out to the Internet after 5.2x never made it out (we basically still have the 2006 trade show version with some minor fixes). Start watching the official torrent tracker starting this weekend though.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box
$48.00

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

Atari 850 Interface Module For ATARI 400/800 Computer Vintage Tested
$60.00

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

GRAPHIC SHOP - Atari 400/800 XL/XE - Antic
$36.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

DAMAGED Atari 850 Interface Module For ATARI 400/800 Computer Vintage Tested
$40.00