-
Re: Anybody made a CD version? Slightly different way to put

Originally Posted by
tikitikitimbo
I'm also one of these people checking back every week or so to see when the CD version shows up. But I'm wondering if there is a way to make the CD version from the DVD version. Obviously there is a way to do anything since it's all FOSS but I mean a fairly simple way that was intentionally put into the DVD version for such a purpose. Earlier in this 5.3 news thread there was something about the size of files being broken down into smaller units. Is it possible that there is a CD version bundled within the DVD version that could be extracted fairly easily?
Or has anybody else remastered a CD version off of the 5.3 DVD? I noticed that Kanotix actually did have a fairly recent upgrade which was interesting because it sounded like there wasn't going to be anything else coming out of that project after one of the devs split a few years ago.
Oh yeah, and since I'm here posting on 5.3, let me pose a question to anybody who has played with it. The question is this: In the move from 5.01 to 5.11 there were bunch of changes in the locations of some important files from /usr/init.d/ to /usr/sbin. Does that remain the case in 5.3? Personally I've found FTPing into a 5.11 matching problematic. It works sometimes but not others and if I boot the same machine with 5.01 or earlier I have no problems so it seems like something is buggy about this relocation. Any input on that?
I can't speak to most of the issues but I can mention something that happened to me. I needed a copy of the 5.3.1 DVD for another techie and I accidentally slipped in a cd instead of dvd in the burn drive. Voila! And Surprise a working CD of the 5.3.1 disk. It had most of the tools we need immediately and not some of the graphics intensive, but it worked.
Capt. V. Cautious
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$489.96

16GB Total of SK hynix PC3L-12800S 2 sticks of 8GB each = 16GB Laptop Memory
$27.95

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

Samsung 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 1Rx8 PC4-2400 Desktop RAM Memory M378A1K43CB2-CRC
$94.95

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39