Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Help config VIAO wireless.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1

    Help config VIAO wireless.

    I've tried through the decade to start using Linux. But there is always a problem. I got past the problem with the system hanging on boot. Apparently Knoppix has a problem with Viao's pcmcia.

    I'd really just be happy to get wireless working - for once - so i can get to internet.
    if somebody would walk me through it, it would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    204

    Re: Help config VIAO wireless.

    Quote Originally Posted by digig0th
    I've tried through the decade to start using Linux. But there is always a problem. I got past the problem with the system hanging on boot. Apparently Knoppix has a problem with Viao's pcmcia.

    I'd really just be happy to get wireless working - for once - so i can get to internet.
    if somebody would walk me through it, it would be appreciated.
    Take a look at FAQ 2, 3, 4 at

    http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_FAQ

    for using ndiswrapper method.

    Rgds,
    Chip

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    31

    Re: Help config VIAO wireless.

    Quote Originally Posted by digig0th
    I've tried through the decade to start using Linux. But there is always a problem. I got past the problem with the system hanging on boot. Apparently Knoppix has a problem with Viao's pcmcia.

    I'd really just be happy to get wireless working - for once - so i can get to internet.
    if somebody would walk me through it, it would be appreciated.
    On my VAIO, Puppy Linux connected out-of-the box to my neighbor's unsecured WAP (taking the defaults in Puppy's network connection wizard). Connecting to my own encrypted network took some reading of the forums, but by then I was encouraged by knowing that there was no driver problem.

    I can't find anything in Knoppix 5.3.1 that corresponds to Puppy's wifi setup wizard. The thought crossed my mind of trying to copy configuration files from Puppy to Knoppix, if I knew which were critical.

Similar Threads

  1. wireless config
    By thelawnet in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 06:28 AM
  2. Wireless config not being loaded from saved config.
    By Legless_Marine in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 04:13 AM
  3. KNOPPIX 3.6 -Sony Viao K13 modem problem
    By jamorris in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2004, 11:46 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-01-2004, 06:20 PM
  5. dlink dwl-520 wireless config help please
    By imipolex in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-18-2004, 05:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested

$149.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640

$39.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99