-
Re: Help config VIAO wireless.

Originally Posted by
digig0th
I've tried through the decade to start using Linux. But there is always a problem. I got past the problem with the system hanging on boot. Apparently Knoppix has a problem with Viao's pcmcia.
I'd really just be happy to get wireless working - for once - so i can get to internet.
if somebody would walk me through it, it would be appreciated.
On my VAIO, Puppy Linux connected out-of-the box to my neighbor's unsecured WAP (taking the defaults in Puppy's network connection wizard). Connecting to my own encrypted network took some reading of the forums, but by then I was encouraged by knowing that there was no driver problem.
I can't find anything in Knoppix 5.3.1 that corresponds to Puppy's wifi setup wizard. The thought crossed my mind of trying to copy configuration files from Puppy to Knoppix, if I knew which were critical.
Similar Threads
-
By thelawnet in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-17-2010, 06:28 AM
-
By Legless_Marine in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-05-2005, 04:13 AM
-
By jamorris in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-14-2004, 11:46 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-01-2004, 06:20 PM
-
By imipolex in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2004, 05:07 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book
$37.49

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.01

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99