-
Please help.. USB Hard Drive .. need to recover data
I'm new to knoppix and I need some help.
My USB hard drive has been conecting to windows on and off lately after my daughter dropped it. Unfortunately now,I cannot connect it to backup my data. I snoozed and I think I lost. But if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.
With windowsXP all it does is power up but does not get recognized. It's a 160GB comstar ultraslim fujitsu hard drive I believe(dont think the model really matters). Both green and red lights come on then just the green. It spins up, and there is a bit of clicking at the start but it seems to run all except for windows recognizing it. Not sure if it's damaged but it has worked quite a bit after it was dropped. At one point I thought it might be the connection cable as when I moved it a little bit windows would recognize it however no matter how I move the cable now in the connection it does not get recognized. I did accidentally bump the drive and windows recognized it, which makes me think there's a mechanical problem but I don't want to have to take it apart (that'll be my last option). I'll try knoppix first.
I have 60GB's of data I would love to get back.
I've only had a look at knoppix to see what it is but haven't really used it. I have the knoppix 5.1 live cd.
Coule someone PLEASE tell me how to (if possible) read the data off the drive and copy it back onto my internal drives. And will windows be able to read the copied data?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By scoob19 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-18-2009, 05:12 AM
-
By adamj in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-06-2007, 10:47 PM
-
By rossi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-06-2006, 03:42 PM
-
By Lintu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
-
By thebyrd in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-09-2004, 10:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Cisco CP-8851-3PW-NA-K9 IP Phone MPP Multiplatform VoIP 4 New Open Box
$74.99

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99

YEALINK T34W PHONE & 2 MONTHS OF PHONE SERVICE
$65.00