-
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I have looked at some Bart PE info. It's pretty obvious that none of the solutions are trivial. I was R'ing FM's, and forums for several hours today. First of all, I've committed to hitting the library and getting some background on networking. Secondly, I've dusted off a PIII desktop that's been occupying closet space for a few years now. I'm going to turn it into a dual boot server, probably Debian and Server2003 and get some hands on experience (re-invent token ring, maybe).
That's a medium term project. The short term solution, which I found on a Ubuntu forum, is that someone HAS created an application for touchscreens under Linux. It's called Joytouch and the author is Simon Funk. There are details on doing Ubuntu PXE installs and I think that's the way I'm going to go.
I'll report back on the my results. And I will definitely give it a whirl using Knoppix 
Thanks
Ian
Similar Threads
-
By stray_heart in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-13-2009, 04:32 PM
-
By Toonforce in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-27-2009, 11:13 AM
-
By JoeBWan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-13-2004, 08:35 PM
-
By windos_no_thanks in forum Laptops
Replies: 14
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 08:30 PM
-
By juffi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-19-2004, 11:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested)
$39.00

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99