-
Installed to HD on a Thinkpad T42P, nice but slow
Hey K-Rangers!
Name's Jason. Anyway... I have my desktop computer as dual-booting Windows XP and Debian - with each OS on its own hard drive. Recently I decided to dual-boot my laptop but with a partition, and it worked for the most part, but Debian couldn't operate my wireless card. So when I decided to wipe out Debian I managed to hose everything and end up with that dreaded "missing operating system" message at startup. )=
( At this point in time my Windows XP activation code is no longer valid. )
Eventually I decided to do a hard drive install of Knoppix because it's the only distro that is able to use my wireless card and I didn't want a USB dongle hanging out of my computer at all times. Now I'm pleased (and grateful) that I have a working laptop that can access the internet, but it just seems a lot slower than what a not so old Thinkpad should be. With Windows everything moved a lot faster.
Any advice?
Anyway, I am new to Linux but willing to learn because I think Microsoft has enough of my money.
Thanks in advance and nice to meet you!
PS Big ups to Hiren's Boot CD for making the recovery possible.
Similar Threads
-
By param85047 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2006, 03:31 PM
-
By ismxray in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-21-2006, 03:26 AM
-
By Dimaod in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-28-2005, 09:39 AM
-
By aay in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-30-2003, 06:05 PM
-
By dona in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 09:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01