Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Remaster with active sshd or vncserver

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2

    Remaster with active sshd or vncserver

    One day, I will learn to remaster. I promise. But please don't make me do it today.
    What I need seems to be something that loads of people are searching for and not finding.
    I would be so very grateful if some kind soul who sees this could help.
    All I want is to have a knoppix livecd which starts sshd or vncserver and lets me log in with a username password combination.
    Yes, I know that it would be a security risk as anyone on the network could then get onto that machine with the published standard username password combination, but I only need this in a safe environment.
    The environment is a tiny network behind a closed firewall.
    The purpose is to be able to easily fix headless machines.
    From what I can make out anyone that knows how to remaster knoppix could do this in an instant.
    Any chance of making an iso available?
    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Please see answer #7 and fix your post.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2
    Done
    Sorry
    You are quite right

Similar Threads

  1. no sshd on 6.0.1 ?
    By sagyv in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-28-2009, 10:28 PM
  2. HDD install changes active partition??
    By clarjon1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2005, 08:11 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2005, 07:35 PM
  4. Do I need all the default apt mirrors to be active?
    By Pumpino in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 03:07 AM
  5. Wine can't find Active X - Help
    By knut in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-05-2003, 12:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.75